Effective Date: August 25, 2022
Celestis, Inc. (“Celestis”) is a subsidiary of Space Services Holdings, Inc., the commercial space pioneer whose memorial spaceflights have served hundreds from around the world. Celestis knows that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly.
In this Privacy Statement, Celestis shall mean the Celestis Website managed by Space Services Holdings, Inc. (“we”), operating at www.celestis.com. Celestis takes your privacy very seriously and places it at the core of our decisions when providing you with this service.
Celestis respects the privacy of our customers. Any and all information captured on this web site is for internal use by Celestis only. We do not sell mailing lists, email lists, or give out any of your personal information in any way.
Information Collection And Use
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at Celestis.
Here are the types of information we gather:
Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site (contact information and submissions) or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our store, and communicating with you.
Information you give us includes, but is not limited to, that which you provide when searching for a product, placing an order, communicating with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise, completing a questionnaire or a contest entry form, or providing employer information for a corporate account. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers, credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped including addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail address.
Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Like many websites, we employ “cookies” that obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses Celestis, advertisements, and other content served by or on behalf of Celestis on other websites.
As you browse the Celestis website, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our display advertising partners then enable us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with Celestis. The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address, or telephone number.
Email Communications: To help us make emails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open email from Celestis if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, you can adjust your Customer Communication Preferences or, unsubscribe from receiving any future emails.
We will use and disclose your Personal Information only as follows:
- To promote use, including continued use, of our Services. For example, if you leave your personal information when you visit our Website and do not sign up for any of our services or programs, we may send you one or more emails asking whether you wish to sign up. If you use any of our Services, and may benefit from using one or more other Services we offer, we may send you an email telling you about the other Service or Services.
- To bill and collect sums owed to us for any products you purchase from us. Uses for this purpose include sending you emails, invoices, receipts and notices of delinquency, to alert you if we need a different credit card number, and to otherwise try to collect money owed. We use third parties to handle secure credit card transaction processing and send billing information to such third parties, who maintain all information in confidence, to process your orders and credit card payments. To learn more about what steps we take to safeguard such data, see below.
- To provide customer support and obtain feedback.
- For internal use, whether in the form actually received or pseudonymously or anonymously, by way of example and not limitation circulating email addresses internally for identifying the most common web hosts used by our customers, or reviewing IP addresses for information about the general geographic areas of origin of our users.
- To disclose the information that we have to you in response to any valid request from you to know what of your information we possess, and in response to a valid request to exercise your “right to be forgotten” as detailed further below.
- To communicate with you concerning your account for an informational, as opposed to promotional, purpose.
- To send you informational and promotional materials that you elect (“opt-in”) to receive.
- If There Is a Change in Corporate Structure: We may share information to proceed with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets to a third party, including in the event of a merger, acquisition, consolidation, change of control, or sale of all or a portion of our assets or if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation.
- To Prevent Harm: We may share information if we believe it is necessary to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of SSHI, our employees, or any other person.
- For Legal Purposes: We may share information where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders or legal process; to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims or demands; or to comply with the requirements of any mandatory applicable law.
- With Your Consent: Apart from the reasons identified above, we may request your permission to share your personal information for a specific purpose.
YOUR RIGHTS IN RESPECT OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In accordance with applicable privacy law, you have the following rights in respect of your personal information that we hold:
- The right to request access to and to receive your personal information that is collected by Celestis
- The right to request updates to any of your personal information that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erase your personal information such as when the information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed.
- The right to obtain the restriction of the processing undertaken by us on your personal information in certain circumstances, such as where the accuracy of the personal information is contested by you, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of that personal information.
- The right to object on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your personal information, and to object to processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes, to the extent it is related to such direct marketing.
Cookies And Tracking Technologies
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
Celestis’ essential features, we recommend that you leave them turned on. For instance, if you block or otherwise reject our cookies, you will not be able to add items to your Shopping Cart, proceed to Checkout, or use any Celestis products and services that require you to sign in.
HOW TO CONTROL COOKIES
If you wish to prevent cookies being set before you visit this website, or most other websites, you can set your browser to block cookies. Most browsers allow you to do this in their settings.
You can also visit www.allaboutcookies.org for details on how to delete or reject cookies and for further information on cookies in general.
Third Party Cookies
The information gathered by these third parties is used to make predictions about your interests or preferences so that they can display advertisements or promotional material on this Site and on other sites across the Internet tailored to your apparent interests.
The business partners and advertising networks that serve interest-based advertisements on the Services have limited access to a small amount of information about your profile and your device, which is necessary to serve you advertisements that are tailored to your apparent interests. It is possible that they may reuse this small amount of information on other sites or services.
We do not have access to, or control over, the technologies that these third parties may use to collect information about your interests, and the information practices of these third parties are not covered by this Privacy Notice. Other than as discussed in this document, we have no control over these third parties.
Behavioral Remarketing and Advertising
Google Marketing Services
On our website we use the marketing and remarketing services of Google LLC (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; “Google”). These services allow us to display advertisements in a more targeted manner in order to present advertisements of interest to users. Through remarketing ads and products are displayed to users relating to an interest established by activity on other websites within the Google Network. For these purposes, a code is used by Google when our website is accessed and what are referred to as (re)marketing tags are incorporated into the website.
With their help, an individual cookie, i.e. a small file, is stored on the user’s device (comparable technologies may also be used instead of cookies). Cookies can be set by various domains, including google.com, doubleclick.net, invitemedia.com, admeld.com, googlesyndication.com or googleadservices.com. This file records which apps users have visited, which content they are interested in and which offers have been used. In addition, technical information about the browser and operating system, referring websites, the length of the visit as well as any additional data about the use of the online products and services are stored. The IP address of users is also recorded, although we would like inform you that within the framework of Google Analytics, IP addresses within Member States of the European Union or in other contracting states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area are truncated.
All user data will only be processed as pseudonymous data. Google does not store any names or e-mail addresses. All displayed ads are therefore not displayed specifically for a person, but for the owner of the cookie. This information is collected by Google and transmitted to and stored by servers in the USA.
One of the Google marketing services we use is the online advertising program Google AdWords. In the case of Google AdWords, each AdWords customer receives a different conversion cookie. Cookies can therefore not be tracked through the websites of AdWords customers. The information collected by the cookie is used to generate conversion statistics for AdWords customers who have opted for conversion tracking. AdWords customers see the total number of users who clicked on their ad and were redirected to a page with a conversion tracking tag.
The legal basis for the use of this service is Art. 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 letter f GDPR. If you wish to object to interest-based advertising by Google marketing services, you can do so using the settings and opt-out options provided by Google: http://www.google.com/ads/preferences.
You can choose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.
Deleting cookies does not mean you are permanently opted out of any advertising program. Unless you have settings that disallow cookies, the next time you visit a site running the advertisements, a new cookie will be added.
We use the “visitor action pixels” from Facebook Inc (1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA, or, if you are based in the EU, Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland (“Facebook”)) on our website.
This allows user behavior to be tracked after they have been redirected to the provider’s website by clicking on a Facebook ad. This enables us to measure the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes. The data collected in this way is anonymous to us, i.e. we do not see the personal data of individual users.
However, this data is stored and processed by Facebook, which is why we are informing you, based on our knowledge of the situation. Facebook may link this information to your Facebook account and also use it for its own promotional purposes, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Usage Policy https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/. You can allow Facebook and its partners to place ads on and off Facebook. A cookie may also be stored on your computer for these purposes.
The legal basis for the use of this service is Art. 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 letter f GDPR. You can object to the collection of your data by Facebook pixel, or to the use of your data for the purpose of displaying Facebook ads by contacting the following address: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=ads.
Facebook is certified under the Privacy Shield Agreement and thus guarantees compliance with European data protection legislation (https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000GnywAAC&status=Active).
TWITTER CONVERSION TRACKING
On our website, we use the Conversion Tracking Service of Twitter Inc. (1355 Market Street #900, San Francisco, California 94103, “Twitter”). Twitter stores a cookie on the user’s computer to enable an analysis of the use of our online products and services. Twitter Conversion Tracking tracks the actions of users after they have viewed ads or interacted with ads on Twitter. Twitter’s Conversion Tracking allows you to assign conversions such as link clicks, retweets or “like” data.
The legal basis for the use of this service is Art. 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 letter f GDPR. If you wish to object to tracking, you can do so using the Digital Advertising Alliance tool at optout.aboutads.info.
Twitter is certified under the Privacy Shield Agreement and thus guarantees its compliance with European data protection legislation: (https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000TORzAAO&status=Active)
We take measures to protect the technical information collected by our use of Google Analytics. The data collected will only be used on a need to know basis to resolve technical issues, administer the Site and identify visitor preferences; but in this case, the data will be in non-identifiable form. We do not use any of this information to identify Visitors or Users.
We have integrated services from Umbraco that may collect your email and contact information.
We have integrated services from Zoho that may collect your email and contact information.
Links to Third Party Websites from our Website
To the extent that our Website contains links to sites operated by third parties and not related to our products or services (“Linked Websites”), the Linked Websites are not controlled by us and we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those companies. Before disclosing your personal information to Linked Websites, we advise you to examine their privacy policies.
Safeguarding Your Information
Your personal and financial information is very important, and therefore, is not shared in any way. All vital information is protected with the industry-standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. Any time you must leave personal financial information such as credit card numbers, we transmit that credit card number in an encrypted format. We do not store or save the credit card number. We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing, in an encrypted format.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Are children allowed to use Celestis?
Celestis does not sell products for purchase by children. Although our products are suitable for children, adults can purchase these products. If you are under 18, you may use Celestis with the involvement of a parent or guardian. In no instance may you use the Celestis Site if you are under 13 years of age.
Conditions of use, notices, and revisions
Additional Information for California Residents
Under California law, specific disclosures are required, and California residents have additional rights regarding their personal information. Please review this section to learn more.
Your California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) Rights
Residents of California may have the following rights:
- Right to access your personal information. You may request to access the categories and specific pieces of personal information that we collected about you through the Site.
- Right to deletion. Subject to certain exceptions, you may ask us to delete the personal information we collected about you through the Site.
- Right to disclosure. You may request to receive additional details about the sources from which we collect information, the reasons we collect and share information, and the types of third parties with which we share the personal information we collected about you through the Site.
- Right to opt out of sales. Under CCPA, certain types of sharing of personal information may constitute a “sale” of your personal information. You have a right to request that we do not sell your personal information to third parties, for such third parties’ own commercial purposes, on a going forward basis. We may share your personal information with marketing and promotional partners in ways which constitute a “sale” under CCPA. For example, we may share your personal information, such as contact information (e.g., name, email) and other information with our business partners and others for their own advertising, marketing and other commercial purposes. If you reengage with us after opting out of the “sale” of your personal information, such as by signing up for a newsletter, your personal information will be collected and used in accordance with this Notice. To opt out of the use of your information for interest-based advertising, please use the opt outs include in the Interest-Based Ads section above.
- Right to be free from discrimination. You may exercise any of the above rights without fear of being denied goods or services.
If you would like to exercise your CCPA rights with respect to the personal information we collected about you through the Site, including the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information, please contact us with your request by email at email@example.com. For such requests, please put the statement “California CCPA Rights” in the body of your email, as well as your full name, email address, mailing address and specify the CCPA right you wish to exercise at this time.
We do not knowingly collect or disclose personal information of minors under the age of 16, without affirmative authorization.
Your Shine the Light California Rights (CA Civil Code § 1798.83)
Residents of California may request a list of third parties to which certain personal information (as defined by applicable California law) collected through the Site was disclosed by SSHI during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please write to us at 3701 Kirby Dr Suite 880, Houston, TX 77098. For such request, you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In your request, you need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please also indicate in your request that it relates to the Site. Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone, email, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
P.O. Box 66784
Houston, Texas, 77266-6784
As Featured In
Celestis is the only company to have successfully conducted 18 Memorial Spaceflight missions, and the only company to be selected by NASA to honor one of its scientists. For nearly three decades, Celestis has been an iconic pioneer and global leader of the commercial space age.